SciPress Ltd. (henceforth referred as “Publisher”) incurs an obligation to defend the security of our subscribers’ personal data by virtue of the fact that we fully understand and recognize their rights for its safety as well as the significance to use it reasonably and legitimately.
We make sure that all required management and technical data protection mechanisms function properly in order to preclude nonlegitimate break-in, unauthorized use, loss, pilfering or leak of profile details. All types of data collected and processed by Publisher is processed, retained and secured under Federal Act on Data Protection.
Acquired Personal Data
A wide range of services is available for users on a global scale. In case our services (either in whole or in part) are needed we request user information for recording and creating a profile for further work.
To deliver the appropriate support and to handle with users’ needs and claims Publisher accumulates, processes, retains and uses the following personal data:
- first names and surnames
- authentication data
- contact details: phone number, e-mail address
- affiliation/organization details
- professional expertise, predilections and fields of interest
- billing information (depending on the type of cooperation it may be as follows: subscription-based model, purchasing a product, open-access publication model)
- any content submitted by users
- other information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers
It is not necessary to provide any personal information provided your aim is just to navigate through the filling of site looking for needful. Your browser is supposed to report us the following digital data about users:
- the web platform which readdressed you to our website
- IP address and language used
- your precise location
- date and time of your entry and operations with the website
- requirements of your desktop or mobile OS
- CPU and GPU models
- the display resolution
Any digital user-related information accumulated by our server is strictly confidential from the outset.
Use of Personal Information
Our publishing house operates the accumulated personal information exclusively for statistical purposes, to deliver the best and prompt servicing and to suit your enquiries and expectations.
Personal data we collect from visitors to our Services is used for our legitimate interests as a way to:
- Verify your eligibility, including confirmation of e-mail address and subsequently informing you about its successful completion
- Register the time of logging in to your account
- support and manage the member profile
- Keep you apprised of the progress regarding chosen services
- Communicate with you for customer service purposes
- Send you technical notices, updates, and security alerts, and inform you of important changes or additions to our Services
User-related information automatically reported by your browser is used for:
- Taking to the next level our customer services and the services and features we offer
- Tailoring our site to your device parameters
- Managing our Services and content
- Preventing and addressing fraud, breach of policies or terms, and threats or harm
- Monitoring and analyze trends, usage, and activities to better understand and serve our audience
- Collecting location data for official use only
- Sending you technical notices, updates, and security alerts, and informing you of important changes or additions to our Services
We use external links only to provide comfort and advantages to our customers’ as well as for reference when it is necessary to read the detailed information about conferences or to post an article to social media. We would like to urge you to familiarize yourself with their private policies to prevent misinterpretations resulting in inadvertent violations or wrongful acts.
Managing your personal information
- modify your data in your profile or to contact our support service.
- deactivate your account which may be restored in case you reconsider.
- withdraw your permission to store and share your personal details with SciPress Ltd. at will.
- Unsubscribe from our mailing list by following the link you can find in any letter.
We ensure that your personal information is not disclosed to third parties without your voluntary choice and permission or in cases when it is required by the law