All Editors have to follow the COPE’s Code of Conduct and Best Practice Guidelines for Journal Editors. Editors should refer to COPE’s Flowcharts and Guidelines where applicable.
- Editors should be accountable for everything published in their journal.
- Editors are responsible for making the final decision on publishing a paper.
- Editors can discuss their decision with other members of Editorial board or Reviewers.
- Editors should evaluate each manuscript exclusively on the basis of its academic merit.
- Unpublished information disclosed in a submitted manuscript must not be used in the Editor’s own research.
- Editors must not disclose any data about a submitted manuscript to anyone, other than the Author(s), Reviewers, other members of Editorial board, and the Publisher.
- Editors must reveal any conflict of interest.
- Editors should always be ready to publish required corrections, clarifications, retractions and apologies.
For more information on Publication Ethics and Publication Malpractice Statement see Policy and Ethics.
All the main features and options provided by the Editor Webinterface are described in the Manual for Editors.