Subscribe

Subscribe to our Newsletter and get informed about new publication regulary and special discounts for subscribers!

ILNS > Volume 61 > REP-PCR Analysis to Study Prokaryotic Biodiversity...
< Back to Volume

REP-PCR Analysis to Study Prokaryotic Biodiversity from Lake Meyghan

Full Text PDF

Abstract:

Repetitive extragenic palindromic elements-polymerase chain reaction (rep-PCR) with 16S ribosomal ribonucleic acid (16S rRNA) genes sequences successfully used for the analysis of microbial community. In this study, the prokaryotic community in Lake Meyghan described by using rep-PCR analysis along with 16S rRNA gene sequencing. The water samples were collected from Lake Meyghan in November 2013. All samples were diluted and cultured on three different media. To estimate the number of prokaryotes per milliliter of the lake we used quantitative real‑time PCR (qPCR). Rep-PCR combination with 16S rRNA gene sequencing was performed to investigate prokaryotes biodiversity in the lake. 305 strains were isolated in this work; 113 isolates for green region, 102 isolates for red region, and 90 isolates for white region. The dendrograms generated 10, 7, and 9 clusters for a 70 % similarity cut-off for green, red, and white regions, respectively. Based on rep-PCR and 16S rRNA gene sequencing, the recovered isolates were dominated by (77.5 %) Halobacteriacae and many isolates were related to the genera Halorubrum, Haloarcula, Haloterrigena, Natrinema, and Halovivax in the white region. In the red region more isolated strains (57.5 %) belonged to Bacillaceae and the remaining 42.5 % of isolates belonged to archaea domain, Halorubrum, and Haloarcula. In the green region members of Gammaproteobacteria were recoverd, this region was dominant with Pseudoalteromonas, Salinivibrio, and Aliidiomarina.

Info:

Periodical:
International Letters of Natural Sciences (Volume 61)
Pages:
69-84
DOI:
10.18052/www.scipress.com/ILNS.61.69
Citation:
A. Naghoni et al., "REP-PCR Analysis to Study Prokaryotic Biodiversity from Lake Meyghan", International Letters of Natural Sciences, Vol. 61, pp. 69-84, 2017
Online since:
Jan 2017
Export:
Distribution: